Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Glad I didn't Shrug it off


Last year I charted Barbara Walker's Candlelight Stitch pattern. I was determined to make a shawl out of the Karabella Breeze that I bought from my FLYS and I was going to use this pattern. Because it is a lace pattern, it was not a quick and easy project and was taking longer than I thought it would. I let the shawl hibernate...and I even considered frogging it to make something different. I even (gasp!) gave one of the balls of Breeze to a swap partner because I didn't think that I would need it. Note to self: Never never never ever give away something that you may use, no matter how remotely. Wish I had that one ball now.

Anyway, I took the shawl out. Now that it is getting warmer, I am wanting to do lace projects. My husbeast's hoodie is taking life and breath out of me (okay not literally, but each of the sleeves are taking me a week to do. I found the chart of the lace pattern and I felt happy that I actually did (all by myself, and correctly - yay for me!). Frog or not to frog...a quick decision. I decided to finish the last pattern repeat that I was doing and construct it into a shrug.



After it was blocked, I looked at it again on both sides and admired the fact that it truly is a reversible pattern. I thought that it was a shame to put sleeve seams in it, forcing me to wear it with one side always showing. Then I remembered the Convertible Shrug that I made when we went to Oregon. This particular shrug used buttons instead of seams. I opened my box of buttons and pulled out my jewelry tools and before I knew it, voila! I made a Convertible (and Reversible) Shrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment