Friday, August 5, 2011

Of Windows, Feathers, and Nature Walks

I took my kids to Davis today, to check out the California Raptor Center. Yes, I know that it is quite the drive, but I got some cool shots and learned a lot of stuff that I didn't know about raptors. I saw their collection of raptor feathers on the windowsill and just had to take a picture. I liked the shadows that the feathers cast on the adjoining desk:


We then went to the Arboretum on the UC Davis campus. Traveler beware, there is some kind of construction going on there and I drove around for 10 minutes looking for a place to park that was close to the trail. Plus there is a $7 parking fee - GAH! Anyway, my kids were such troopers and enjoyed most of the trees and wildlife there with me. There were a lot of ducks and butterflies; my favorite things there were the Oak Trees and the flowers.


Finally, this shot I took at the beginning of our walk. Although you can't see it in this picture, there is a pretty pink bush at the opposite shore.


No comments:

Post a Comment