Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Anti-addiction

I am binding off my unfinished Zetor Scarf (which is a misnomer because it is really a shawl). I made it with Malabrigo lace. If you have ever knit with Malabrigo yarn, you probably know that, as heavenly it is to knit with, ripping it out is a major PITA.

I am in the midst of my holiday knitting and cannot find any more needles. I realized that the reason for this is because I have been hibernating many of the projects that I got tired of. The Zetor is one of them. I started it this past summer. I think I was on the 4th repeat and when recounted my stitches, I was off. I put it away, thinking that I must have miscounted, or I was missing a yarnover, or something like that. Looking at it this afternoon, I decided that it was time to let it go...I need the cable and needles for a project and I just don't think that I want to pick up where I left off (which, incidentally is not something that I look forward to anyway).

Which leaves me hating the amount of stitches that need to be bound off. I started with 6 stitches. 3 and a half repeats later, I easily have 200. I suppose this option is better than frogging the Malabrigo lace and having a knotted mess. Ugh. So there you go, my anti-addiction is the type of lace project that just grows...and grows...and grows. No thank you.

1 comment:

  1. makes me sad a Mal lace never achieved its potential. But happy to hear you are moving on to something else just as pretty

    ReplyDelete