Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ninebark in the Round: Part 3


Finished! Nice knit with awesome yarn. However, I wish I had read the reviews and comments on the Ultra Alpaca yarn that I used (Berroco). Now I am worried that it will stretch. I also wish that I knit a bit tighter. At some point, I checked my gauge and I wound up knitting looser than I intended. Oops...I was getting something like 12 stitches per inches. Not good. However, I was able to compensate in time (I think). I like my clothes a little tighter fitting though. Oh well, my bad.

I want to make another one, with different yarn. I was thinking something in cotton. I have the Rowan Purelife Cotton that I bought last year from Babs'.

One thing I have to note is that the Ultra Alpaca knit up like a DK, although the gauge listed on the ballband is 18 sts/4 inches. This is why I was able to use the Silky Malabrigo for the cowl portion. The drape on both is very similar. I liked using them together. The silk in the Malabrigo gives the yarn just enough sheen to contrast with the fuzzy alpaca to make it an interesting top.

Would it be crazy to frog the whole thing and reknit it tighter? I must be nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment