Friday, August 13, 2010

Some Twisted Charm

I frogged my Leaf T-Shirt. It was a top down design. Just simple raglan shaping with a lace pattern going down the center. I was not liking the way it was turning out...the top was curling and I think I was getting bored with it. It was a nice enough pattern and well written. I guess I could have added some shaping to it for more flair. But I've been "adding the pattern" more often than not lately and I just didn't feel like it this time around.

I am making another Leaf Yoke Top, like the one I made with the Malabrigo cotton. I shrunk the one with Mal Cotton accidentally and it broke my heart. I can't believe that I did that - I meant to take it out of the wash after it was clean and have it dry flat. It still fits, but not as well as it did, unshrunk... I am considering frogging the hemline and making it longer...Maybe I can just undo the hem altogether...hmmm that's a thought...

Anyway, I am using the Cotton Twist that I had originally purchased for the Athos Top from Norah Gaughan. I am still not crazy about this yarn...I like the sheen, the color is nice enough, the price was good, no knots. It's holding up to my numerous frogs. However, the yardage stinks, it splits terribly, and there are places where I've accidentally pulled the rayon so there are loops where there shouldn't be. Pulling on them on the wrong side is a bandaid, but I am going to hate wearing any jewelry with any top that I make with this yarn. The only reason I am knitting with it is because it is cotton and I don't want to waste it.

This is the third project for this yarn and I hope it is true what they say - Third Time is a Charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment