Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hrmmmm wha?

So this is how I have been feeling. I am always off when I can't get out of the house due to the weather, kids, or both. Last week it rained. I'm not complaining...we need the rain. I don't want a repeat of the fires we had last year. I couldn't take the kids out for more than a week. As much as they wanted to play in the orange air, I didn't think a good mother would allow it. It really impedes your fun if you are coughing up all that pollution from your lungs for days after....

Anyway, flash forward to last week, you can't exactly have a fun day at the park with raindrops making your sandwiches wet. Besides that, although playing on the slide makes you go super fast because it is so slippery, it also gives the kids a fast track to playing in the mud - yuck! Also, the monkey bars are out of the question, as well as the sandbox, unless you want sticky sand all over your house, in every crevice possible...no thank you...

More recently, the past few days have been windy and cold. I'm glad that my kids don't have allergies (knock on wood) but my daughter won't play outside when the weather is like that. She would rather stay inside and curl up on the couch than have her hair whip around her face while she is trying to slide down the fireman's pole. Since she is only 7, I am not comfortable leaving her alone in the house to take the dog and my son outside to play.

Yeah, I've been stricken with cabin fever.

But today I am determined to take the boy to the indoor play park...At least I have to leave the house to get to it...

No comments:

Post a Comment