Monday, April 27, 2009

A Summer Poncho

Lace is the way to go for summer knitting. Honestly, most yarn weights used for lace are so light, you can work on them in the heat of a summer baseball game and not feel like you have a sauna on your lap. Although cotton is not normally my fiber of choice when I knit, I could not help myself when my FLYS had organic fibers on sale this weekend; I bought 3 skeins of Rowan Purelife to make a lace poncho.

The owner was wearing the Easy Lace Poncho from Knitting Pure and Simple (one of my most favorite pattern companies by the way, because of their top down apparel). I was intrigue, because it was a poncho but lace...wow, I think I have to knit that, I said to myself. It was the simple feather and fan pattern and I thought I could figure it out.

Long story short, I had to read the pattern to find out the CO stitches and how much to increase them. Once I had that though, it was easy to wing it. I am almost done. Barring any major lace and/or pattern oopsies, I should be done by the weekend. I am so excited...my first poncho and first summer knit!

No comments:

Post a Comment