Saturday, December 26, 2009

Hand Socks

A few nights ago, on Christmas Eve, my family and I were getting ready to go on a drive to see Christmas lights. As I was putting on my son's jacket, he held out his hands to me and said, "I want socks on my hands." I knew that he meant mittens. I was sad that I haven't had time to knit him a pair.

So I put on a pair of his socks on his hands. Happy as can be, he crawled into his car seat and we proceeded with our night. He fell asleep during the ride. When we arrived home, I put him in bed with his socks still on, keeping his little hands warm.

The next morning, I awoke to him screaming and crying. I opened his door and comforted him. I took him into my bed so that we could sleep for a little while longer. He cried, "Take it off! Take it off!" He still had his hand socks on!

My first project for post-Christmas knitting: Hand Socks for my son. This time with thumbs; just in case he falls asleep with them on, he can still open his door the following morning.

Happy Holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment