Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I like DPNs

I found out last night (or very early this morning, as the case may be) that I am enjoying knitting with DPNs. I bought Knit Hip Hats by Cathy Carron, and apparently, she likes to knit hats top down. I thought that I could knit her designs using the magic loop. However, she demonstrates the Wrap Cast On, and I shuddered...I tried this Cast on with the very first socks that I tried to knit. BAD MEMORY!!!!!!! The CO is a nightmare with circular needles!

So I looked in my bucket of needles and lo and behold, there they were, the first (and only) set of DPNs that I bought, 2 years ago. I took them out of their little bag and proceeded to follow her directions. I am proud to say that I only had to start over ONCE. Wow...

I don't know what it is that I like about knitting in the round with DPNs. It could be that I am actually knitting with more than 2 needles (my husband said that he could never do that in a million years. This was reason enough for me to get really good at knitting with DPNs). It's certainly a different way to knit. It's new for me. And it looks dangerous (in a cool kinda way): when you are knitting in the round with DPNs, your project looks like a weapon - keep away from my yarn, you cat! Or better yet, "Don't interrupt mom when she is knitting; you could get hurt!"

I like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment