Saturday, June 19, 2010

Me? Allergic?

I like wearing my cotton Lacey Tee shirt. It's soft and feels good against my skin. I also don't notice that I am wearing it until someone makes a nice comment about it (especially at my FLYS, where people notice such things). This is a great thing.

Whenever I wore my Margo sweater, I knew I was wearing it...especially around my neck. The Ultra Alpaca that I used itches. Really. It's awful. Scratch scratch. At least I only notice it on my neck, because if I felt it on my arms, then I would feel the compulsion to cut off the arms. This would be horrible because I haven't learned how to steek yet. I don't really want to learn on sleeves. I mean, really, who makes steeks on sleeves??

Could this mean that I am allergic to alpaca? Now that I think about it, I am aware of the fabric when I wear my wool sweaters - both mixed and alone. I NOTICE the wool when I wear it, especially around my neck.

What could this mean? Am I fated to only wear wool on my feet, and cotton on my body? Are shawls the only things that I can make from animal fibers that I can let touch my body, as long as I keep them away from my neck? Will I eventually start getting hives if I continue to wear animal fibers on my body?

This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment