Friday, June 11, 2010

Of Turtles, the Crab, and Sun

Yesterday, we went to the mall for the Kids' Club. My kids made hats (and we even won 2 raffles - woohoo!). The hat kits came with foam stickers in the shape of things from the beach: whales, sand castles, etc. One of the stickers was a crab, which my son didn't like - "The crab is creepy". Another set of stickers was of a sun, which wore sunglasses that you had to glue on he face, above his mouth. Well, my son decided that the sunglasses weren't enough. He thought that the sun needed proper eyes, so he used a brown rectangle with punched out holes (the leftovers from the coconuts for the coconut tree) for the eyes. We placed this on top of the sun, and glued the sunglasses on top of this.

When he was done decorating his hat, I offered to place it on his head. He said, "No, it's for daddy!" Oh, how sweet, I thought. However, when he saw his sister enjoying hers, he decided that he wanted to wear it...I guess my husband is going to have to share the hat!

1 comment: