Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just knitting along

I am halfway done with the body of my Slinky Ribs sweater from Custom Knits. I think it is finally coming along. I started using size 8 needles for the front, but realized that because I am a loose knitter, it may be too big for the gauge I need for the pattern, so I switched back to size 6. The rib detail is fun to do...I am on the second rib detail now and it looks like soon it will be all stockinette in the round and then the sleeves. I plan on long sleeves for this sweater.

Just bought 3 more skeins of Plymouth Encore Colorspun today for the Something Red sweater that I downloaded the other day. With the 1 and 3/4 skeins left from James' socks, I should have just enough.

Very tempted to buy one more skein of the Jitterbug for socks; but I bought the Toe-up book today too, so hopefully making toe-up socks will prevent the need to buy another skein. I must resist anyway because Stitches is right around the corner...

No comments:

Post a Comment