Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ribbit ribbit

I frogged Slinky Ribs again...It was too small. Now I know what you are thinking; if I had only swatched...Well, I didn't and now I've frogged it. However, I am not upset that I had to frog it. I perfected my PCO on the cable and now understand how to shorten the length of my neckline. I am now knitting the shoulders down and have about an inch to go before I start the neck shaping. This will be 2 inches shorter than how the pattern is written.

I am excited about going to Stitches. Talked about it with my husband and he said just to make my best judgement with how much to spend. Is he kidding? I'll be surrounded by yarn; I don't have the best judgement around yarn normally. The only reason I haven't bought yarn these past few weeks is because I intend to spend the money that I didn't spend at my favorite yarn store at Stitches; what makes him think that I will have judgement surrounded by other women (and men) who are just in love with fiber as I am? Plus Cheryl will be with me. Neither of us neither have willpower when it comes to resisting buying beautiful yarn that we may never see again. Best judgement...hah! He might as well as ask me not to go...ooh, don't tell him I said that!!

I have created a must buy list though, so I don't overspend. As much as I really really love to shop and yarn, I know that my kids still need to eat, and dang it, yarn is full of fiber but not other nutrients. So I will follow a budget and use my list...I will. That is, unless I find an awesome deal on Dream in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment