Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My perfect knitting bag

My Tom Bihn Swift came yesterday. I feel like I've been waiting for a super duper present since I ordered it. I told Cheryl about it today and she asked me if I love it like I thought I would and I actually hesitated. I guess it's hard to love a bag.

This said, I really really like it. It is really roomy, it has o-rings to attach straps that I can attach my keys, wallet, and yarn sack. Now, this may not seem like much, but when you have as many things in your purse as I do, it's huge. It makes a difference between leaving the house relatively stress-free and running around frantically looking for my keys. Now I can just pull on the strap and immediately know that my keys aren't lost in one of my son's many hiding places. The more I think about it, the more I like it. Also, I am glad that I listened to my instincts and changed my order from the Cordura Olive/Purple to the Black/Black Ballistic Nylon. Not only is the name of the material it's made from very cool, it really lives up to its name. It stands up by itself. I have enough slouchy purses, thankyouverymuch. And not only does it look durable, it feels durable - tough - even for a mother with 2 very active kids. PLUS - and I don't know why it took me so long to decide on the colors - it's black, and it goes with everything.

Now, I don't know about you, but I like to look halfway decent when I leave the house (I at least like to think that I match - ha!). I don't know what I was thinking going with a purple and green knitting bag. I don't wear those colors. Nothing in my wardrobe are those colors. I don't even buy yarn that is green (unless it is variegated and with other colors). I gave away my only 2 skeins of yarn with those two colors. That purse would not have matched anything I would wear. I would feel silly carrying it around town with my very boring and not-purple-and-green clothing. Black is the color. And I love that my Swift is that color!

Welcome Swift in Black Ballistic Nylon. You are now my official knitting bag, and YES, I think I love you (in a platonic way, of course).

1 comment:

  1. I love your bag!! I'm think it's beautiful so I wouldn't blame you if you really fell for it! You look great carrying it! I can't wait to meet Mr. Swift. Maybe our new bags can have a playdate!!

    ReplyDelete