Thursday, February 26, 2009

So excited I couldn't sleep

Stitches is tomorrow. I am so excited that I wasn't able to sleep yesterday!! I am hoping that bringing cash will prevent me from overspending...but I think I will bring my credit card just in case.

Packing for it is like packing for a weekend away from home. Snacks? Check. Money? Check. List of things to buy and see? Check. Map? Check.

I envision it to be something surreal. Fiber artists smiling, with the smell of wool and natural products filling my nostrils, and seductively colored yarn coaxing me to give money to their owners so I can take them home. And me, a superwoman blur racing booth to booth, with Cheryl at my side, fighting alongside me to get the yarn before anyone else notices. Or against me, depending on what it is!

My first Stitches event...I am sure it won't be as great as I am thinking it will be; but I am sure it will be one that I remember. Should I bring a camera to capture it? Nah, I might be tempted to sell it for one more sweater's worth of yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment