Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Corntastic Equinox

So one of my FLYS had a Labor Day sale this weekend. I have been wanting to knit Kristin Omdahl's Equinox Top, a lovely DK weight top, designed to be knit seamlessly in the round. Oh, I am in love with this top!

I did not have enough yarn in a DK weight to finish the top. Well, okay, I have enough silky merino, but I am afraid that I won't be able to wear the wool. Also Malabrigo does not frog very easily, and knowing my knitting style and the fact that this is my first go at this pattern, I did not want to take any chances that I would ruin the yarn or gain distaste for the pattern if I had to restart it.

So, having a full loyalty card and knowing that all of her "Green" yarns were on sale, I waited (im)patiently for her shop to open on Saturday morning, and sped over to lurk in the yarn aisles. I thought I wanted Bamboo and she had some lovely bamboo and silk yarn that knit 20 sts to 4 inches. Hmm, not exactly DK weight, but I thought I could knit a little tighter and it would be fine. However, I kept looking and something kept drawing me back to the the DK aisle. My eyes fell on the Corntastic Yarn was sitting in the middle of the aisle. One of the ball bands started staring at me and it yelled out "Machine washable and dryable!" (It did, I swear).

So I chose the Steel color and I am now using the 5 skeins that I purchased for the lovely Equinox Top that was begging to be knit. Knitting Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment