Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's Apple Hill Season!


I took my children to Apple Hill on Labor Day Weekend. My brother visited us for a few days and it was the first time that he has ever visited this wonderful place. We went to High Hill Ranch first. My children rode ponies (I am sad to say that I think my daughter will outgrow this soon...almost - it cost me $6 PER CHILD - GAH!) and got their faces painted. We visited the Fudge Factory and bought some nummy candy.



Then we headed over to the Larsen Ranch - a new ranch for us. We visited the museum there, where we saw some old cars, farm equipment, a covered wagon (rebuilt with the original hardware). We talked to a man whose father owned the original parts to the wagon. Also, there was a bison head on a wall that I had to take a picture of.



We also saw the oldest apple tree in Apple Hill. Believe me, it looked ANCIENT.




It was a nice day. My husband is missing out on our traditional visits to Apple Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment