Monday, June 6, 2011

Of Christmas Knitting and Perfect Roses

I never thought that I would say this, but I am making slippers for my friends this year. I started a pair of  Mary Jane slippers from the Slipper Suite pattern (July 2011 Creative Knitting) yesterday and am very happy with their progress. I will be attaching the applied i-cord to the slippers after both are done. The yarn I am using is Prism Saki, in the Cantina colorway. I did notice the pooling but the friend that I am making this pair for loves handmade items and I know that she won't mind. 


Aside from this new knitting adventure, I have nothing exciting to report. I did take this picture in my front yard today. I am not crazy about the rose bushes (they came with the house) and we don't really take care of them. However, I do enjoy a perfectly formed flower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment