Friday, November 26, 2010

Birthday Ice Cream Conecakes


My daughter turned nine years old today. I made her French Toast for her birthday breakfast and we took her out to The Old Spaghetti Factory (where her little brother called the Spumoni "Mustachioed Ice Cream - HA!) for her birthday dinner. I had wanted to bake a cake for her, but I thought it would be fun to make Ice Cream Conecakes instead. Her friend Jesse came over to help decorate them.

I found these instructions on how to bake the cupcake cones properly. The problem I often have with cupcake instructions is "fill to 2/3 full". What the heck does 2/3 full mean???

This is what the cones looked like the first time I filled them. Is this what 2/3 full looks like?

Not unless this is your idea of Ice Cream ConeCakes...

So I filled them up the lip. Is this what 2/3 full looks like? \
Most definitely!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment