Tuesday, April 12, 2011

99% Happy


I think I am about 99% happy with my painted rooms. The colors are GREAT and I really like the textured glaze that I used on a couple of the walls. The 1% I don't like is the fact that the red color bled onto the kitchen walls...and I have to wait until the summer to paint the kitchen. When I start a project, I don't like to leave anything unfinished...I suppose I could scratch or scrape off the offending drops. The kitchen was previously painted with a high gloss paint; I was actually able to pick some off already. Anyway, here is a picture of the dining room, which I worked on today: It is actually more peach-colored than this (my camera has trouble with colors under flourescent light). I must mention that I told my husband that I like the color so much that I want to paint our bedroom the same color. He actually said that he would like the darker color - "the color that you painted the living room, Claire." Wow, really?? This is the man that originally said that he would like to have "a light tan neutral color" - BLAH! Boring! To have him say, without any pressure, that he would like a COLOR on the walls in the BEDROOM, where he spends a lot of time because his computer in there is amazing.

I will probably look at the offending drops of paint tomorrow morning and perhaps will either paint over them with a strip of paint in the color that I will be painting the kitchen, or scrape it off...If I do either, I will surely let you know. In the meantime, try to figure out this imperfectly abstract picture that I took wandering around the house today

No comments:

Post a Comment