Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bittersweet Fun

My husband took us to a Sacramento Kings game today. This was the first pro ball game that any of us have ever attended in person. In case you don't keep up with California sports, the Sacramento Kings may be leaving for Anaheim (don't get me started - boohoo!). Since we moved here over 10 years ago, my husband and I have always talked about taking our family to see them play. Since there is a good chance that there won't be a professional basketball team in our area by the end of the summer, this was the best time to take them.

We saw the game in Arco Arena and the Kings played against the Utah Jazz. It was a great game, made excellent by a home win. My daughter and I clapped and "made noise" with the crowd as my son munched on his popcorn and cheered with us.
I want to share a video that I made of my son. So many expressions!
It is easy to see that he really enjoyed the game. However, as soon as the last of his popcorn disappeared into his mouth, he announced in true little boy fashion, "I'm ready to go home now..."

No comments:

Post a Comment