Saturday, April 30, 2011

Should I or Shouldn't I?

I bought some floral arrangements the other day for my bedroom. I have a plan to paint it this summer. I am thinking of a "Latte" color for the walls and dark brown and cornflower colors for the accents. I bought a set of bedsheets and drapes a few years ago that have these colors and, to be honest, I don't want to have to buy a whole new set to match a newly painted bedroom. Plus, I already have a lot of wall decorations that have these colors (I am more of a woodsy type of decorator). Besides, I actually like these colors (why else would I buy the sheets?) and no one ever said that the WHOLE HOUSE has to have the same color palette. My husband, always the one to be afraid to "try new things", said to me, "Blue? Can't you choose a warmer color?" He obviously does not have my vision...

Anyway, back to the floral arrangements...I placed my old floral arrangements near my garage door next to each other. I am going to have a garage sale in a couple of weeks and will be selling them. Ever the artist, I couldn't keep my eyes off of them today - I've always liked their colors and they look pretty together. I decided to make them the subjects of my Pictures of the Day.

I intentionally used dimmed lighting to take the pictures (see below as an example) because I wanted to play with them a little in Photoshop Express on my IPhone. See a few of my tweaked pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment