Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Aha!

I bought a nighstand a few weeks ago, and shared a picture of it in its original state. I had a lot of ideas for it, but now I think I will be doing something relatively easy for my first wood project. I've decided not to paint the sides (to prevent the drawer from sticking). I've taped the insides of the main body and taped the drawer. I also primed the top and sides of the body using an oil based primer. First mistake...I'm going back to the paint store and will be buying a water based primer. Oil based anything = YUCKY!



I am hoping that the weather holds tomorrow so that I can finish priming the rest of the body and the drawer front. Perhaps by Friday, I can actually paint the first coat. I'll keep you posted on what I plan to do after the first coat is dry...

No comments:

Post a Comment