Thursday, May 26, 2011

Kitschy?

kitsch Derived from the German verkitschen etwas, kitsch means to 'knock something off'. Today it is synonymous with objects of bad taste that are so bad they're good in an ironic way. In the fifties and sixties kitsch was - and still is - highly collectable. Kitsch can be anything from flying ducks to Tretchikoff paintings and Elvis toilet roll holders. - from World of KitschIs this kitschy? I don't know. I think it is more cheeky, humorous, witty, maybe a bit contradictory, sarcastic, and a bit unexpected (actually, I found it a lot unexpected, which is probably why it made me Laugh Out Loud when I saw it).

Actually, it is sardonic. I found the dictionary meaning of sardonic - Adj. characterized by irony, mockery, or derision, from the World English Dictionary - a little negative.

Ironic, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment