Sunday, May 8, 2011

Of Archangel, Nature, and the Blur (on pause)

I wound my 2 skeins of Malabrigo Sock Yarn in Archangel. I think this is one of the two prettiest colorways from this company (the first being the colorway Indiecita in their Silky Merino line). However, I must confess that the first time I saw it knit up, I was disappointed. The colors are beautiful in the skein, but any texture or lacework that you knit in this colorway is lost. So I looked for a pattern that would show off the colors instead of compete with them.
I chose Clapotis by Kate Gilbert. As usual, I had a few false starts, but I think I've got my rhythm...No pictures of my WIP yet, but here are some pictures of the cakes. Aren't they pretty?
While I was at it, I figured I would take advantage of my "free time" to take a picture of the Japanese Maple in the back. It is truly untamed. It's branches are always reaching out and I constantly find myself pruning them back. This afternoon, however, these branches were begging to be photographed. Needless to say, I acquiesced.
Finally, my little Blur settled down enough for me to take a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment