Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Of Eating Samples

If your kids are anything like mine, they love to eat samples from the grocery store or wholesale warehouses like Costco. There is something about those itty bitty pieces of meat on a toothpick and little pouches of apple chips that make kids feel like they are eating at a carnival. Throw in free samples of fruit soda or chocolate soy milk and my kids are in heaven. In fact, for the longest time, the only reason my daughter would join me on my shopping excursions would be for the free yummy goodies.

I think I stumbled onto something this evening when my daughter pricked a piece of her dinner onto a toothpick. She said, "Mom, look samples!" Her little brother gaped at her, asked for a toothpick of his own and proceeded to eat his dinner - with the toothpick. "Look!" he said, "Samples!"

Hmmm, I need to find ways to add more "Samples" into our meals...

No comments:

Post a Comment