Friday, March 18, 2011

Child's Work

Yeah, I know, I'm a day late with my Leprechaun Art Activity. In my defense, we were out all day yesterday, with my daughter's 3 workshops, other schoolwork, park, and dinner, I just didn't think to find a fun activity until this morning.

Anyhow, when I was a young girl, my favorite days of the week during the school year were Fridays - Art Day. Out came the scissors. glue, construction paper, and coloring tools (markers, colored pencils, and crayons). My teacher for that year would give my classmates and I instructions on how to make Stained Glass Butterflies, Wishing Wells from clothespins and baby bottles, and Construction Paper Baskets. Some of my favorite projects used brad fasteners, which allowed the attached parts to move. Out of all the Fridays, the ones during or before holidays were the best. We always had a party, which meant popcorn and candy and soda - what more could a school girl want before a school vacation?

Today, which happened to be a Friday, my children colored, cut out, and put together a Leprechaun.





I'm trying my best to cut on the lines!
"I did it!" Who says leprechauns have to be green?

No comments:

Post a Comment