Thursday, March 3, 2011

Visit to a Lunch Store

While my children and I passed through one of the town squares in our area today, my son yelled out excitedly, "A Lunch Store!" I was too busy driving to pay attention to see which store or restaurant he was referring to, so as soon as we were done with our errands, I asked him where his "Lunch Store" was. We couldn't find it (very disappointing to both me and my son) and we continued on to pick up dinner. At first, my son wanted to keep looking for his Lunch Store, and didn't want food from "this Lunch Store" - he wanted it from "the other Lunch Store".

I used my motherly powers of persuasion to convince him that this was a great(!) Lunch Store: his meal would include a nummy dessert and he could choose a quesadilla or taquitos for his dinner. He quietly acquiesced.

We ordered food and sat down to wait for it to be ready. At first, my kids were patient. My son enjoyed his drink...

Then I could see his boredom set in...

Then, Mr. Impatient came out: "Come On! It's taking too long!"

I wonder if he would act this way if we found "his" Lunch Store...

No comments:

Post a Comment