Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm ready for Spring, already!

My children's room is, for all intents and purposes, done. My son was so excited to be sleeping in a "big boy bed". My daughter was nervous about sleeping on the top bunk, but soon got used the idea. I have to say that I love the way the room looks. It is so much roomier than it was yesterday. I took pictures of the new room early this afternoon, the first time the sun came out today:

I say the first time because we had really weird weather today.

Early this morning, I heard the rain on the rooftop and the wind howling. Even when the rain stopped, the sky was foreboding - cloudy and cold, but dry - so I quickly took the dogs out for their morning walk. Soon after I came back, it started to pour thick sheets of water.




A few minutes later the rain stopped and the sun came out. . While I worked on cleaning my children's room, I mused on how pretty the day was looking. I started the doubt the weather man, promising snow. Then before I knew it:

The sky darkened again - snow and ice started covering the ground - my poor blueberry plant!

Then the sun came out again and brightened the sky:

Is Spring almost here??

1 comment:

  1. The weather was all over the board yesterday. I was hoping for snow but all we got were a few flakes and a lot of hail. The sun is out but it is still in the 20's outside! Guess I will be staying inside and knitting today!

    ReplyDelete