Thursday, February 3, 2011

Valencia

I cast on for Chrissy Gardner's Valencia last night. I frogged it earlier today because I realized that I cast on too many stitches for the size I am making. This distressed me because I was able to join for knitting in the round without twisting the stitches. Do you know how difficult that is with over 200 stitches on a 24 inch circular needle? Ugh. The worst part was that I just finished the first row with extra stitches, and before I starting thinking about my options, I pulled the needles off the stitches, with no chance of tinking. Super Ugh. AND the darn yarn started to tangle. Oh, the tears. I finally gave up on that ball of yarn and cast on the correct number of stitches with a new ball.

I had planned on working on the top at my doctor's appointment, where I took this picture. I didn't get very far. It wasn't busy today and they got me out of there in half an hour! However, I sat in my car to work on it. It was so quiet and I knit by the sunlight and it was wonderful. I drove home to avoid the rush hour traffic and knit in my car for a few more minutes.

Tonight, I've gotten to the 3rd row and about to start on the fourth. I am glad that I read the directions ahead of time and not just followed the chart. The top is really cute, so I hope to have it done by next month.



No comments:

Post a Comment