Friday, February 11, 2011

Of Beauty and the Abstract


I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.
The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by

I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do
They're really saying, I love you.
I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll never know
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world
Yes I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

Oh yeah...



-- Louis Armstrong, It's a Wonderful World



Sometimes I see something and my eyes take snapshots. I'm compelled to grab my camera and I try to capture what my eyes see - the shapes that the shadows make ON and IN the object fascinate me.

I move my camera around and around while my children watch - "Momma, what are you taking a picture of??"






My daughter thinks these pictures looked like roads; what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment