Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Current Official Obsession


I have admired the Pinwheel Sweater from Elann ever since I started knitting over 3 years ago. The construction is really cool and looks more difficult than it really is. I even pride myself on being able to increase without having to count. Yippee!

I am at the point in the circular knitting where the garment is getting too long to do the Magic Loop but still too short to knit it plain on the circular needle.

It kinda makes me feel like this:


Ha Ha...Just joking. I took this picture of my son earlier today and I wanted to see if I could relate it to my knitting...

Anyway, I am really enjoying knitting with the Wollmeise yarn and I had been hopeful that I would not have to use the much darker Ebonholz skein... however, the more I look at my yarn and the pattern, I think I am going to try to make the color change near where the sleeves will be attached. This way, I can make sleeves the darker color and they may make a nice contrast to the deeper peacock colors of the Blue Suzanne.



I am really looking forward to the completion of this sweater. It is so much fun to knit. I love love love the colors and yarn - so much better than socks!

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea - the darker color for the sleeves. I tried to leave a comment about that on your last post about the sweater. I don't know what happened to it but I couldn't get it to "take". Linda

    ReplyDelete