Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's like the last month of pregnancy

or the last 5 pounds...or the last day before a big vacation....

I am still knitting increase rounds after the armhole and I have about 60 stitches between each increase. Based on my gauge, I am knitting until I have 70 stitches between each yarn over to correspond to the part in the pattern that says:

Continue in pattern increasing and changing colour every 18th round until you have 42 stitches in each section
(i.e. 70 stitches instead of the 42, and I am not changing colors).

Then I will:
Change to the following pattern:
Purl 1 round.
Knit 1 round.
Repeat these last 2 rounds 3 times.
and will see the end of the proverbial tunnel.

I have so many stitches on my needles that I need to move them onto a longer set of needles. They are bunching up BADLY. When I try to spread them out, they've gotten stuck and I have actually pulled them off the needles by accident a few times - I almost DIED! GAH! Thank GOD it is all stockinette and yarnovers!

To pass the time, I will share with you a picture of my son that I took this morning. He is wearing his "awesome" hat. He thinks this hat is so awesome, he made me look for it this morning while I was rushing out to do my morning errands...awesome indeed...Grrrrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment