Monday, February 14, 2011

My Timeless Valentine

Timeless Valentine

As time goes by from year to year,
One thing is surely true, my dear;
Though decades come and decades go,
Just seeing you sets me aglow.
So I write this poem, and I’ll hang my sign,
Saying, "Always Be My Valentine."

adapted from a poem by Karl and Joanna Fuchs





My husband and I celebrated Valentine's Day tonight at an excellent Thai restaurant called Thai Siam, in a nearby town. It was the first date we have had since my daughter was born. My coconut juice came in a shaved coconut and my husband had his standard Thai Ice Tea. We ordered Massaman, Chicken with Broccoli, and Pineapple Fried Rice. It is amazing what a nice quiet time with the one you love can replenish your soul.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment