Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Pantry and Squirrels


I couldn't take it anymore. I opened my pantry and took out the contents. I looked at our massive amount of pasta and reusable grocery bags and cereal and cans of food and packets of oatmeal and hot cocoa. We have so much of it. Why, you ask? Because the shelves are SO DEEP that things get pushed in so far that we forget we have them. GAH!! I decided that if I couldn't have my roll-out shelves, I would make the next best thing. I went into the garage, found three plastic storage bins, dumped out the contents (for reuse, trash, or donation) and used them to store the contents of my messy pantry. The idea is being able to pull out the contents so I can see what our supply is. A work in progress, I am sure, but it's better than digging.

We also started the Spring Semester and surprisingly, my daughter said that she was glad. Wow, did I miss something?


The funniest part of the day was the conversation I had with my daughter about two squirrels we saw in our backyard:
Ash: are those squirrels married?
Me: squirrels don't marry, Ash
Ash: don't squirrels breed?
Me: yes but they don't get married
Ash: why not?
Me: because...we'll talk about that later. Do you want French toast for breakfast?

1 comment:

  1. We have deep shelves too. ONe of the best things we did was install pull out shelves so we can get to everything in the back. Makes it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete