Saturday, January 15, 2011

Of Lemons and Other Outside Stuff


Every year, our lemon tree gives us a huge harvest. When I worked and my oldest child was in daycare, I would bring bags of the fruit to her daycare's workers as well as my co-workers. Even then, we still had a good supply to last us through the better part of the year. However, now that I am a stay at home mom, we don't have that many people to share our supply with. Most of my neighbors also have lemon trees so they obviously don't need any lemons (funny how that works). Last year, we didn't have a problem. The frost ruined most of our crop, so we were happy to salvage what we could. This year, the frost hasn't hit so hard, so now I have an abundance of lemons that need to be used.

I already told my husband that I am going to cook with lemons every day (or at least as often as I could). I found plenty of recipes on allrecipes.com to help me out. Here is my menu for this week:

Famous Chicken Francaise

Quick or Fried Skirt Steak

Ribs Fantastic

Quick and Easy Pancit


I am also making a lemon cake and lemon cookies. I hope after this week, my family doesn't get tired of eating lemon flavored food....maybe I'll order a pizza in the middle of the week, just to mix things up.

I took some pictures outside today. I saw the sun shining and I was sure that I would get some interesting pictures with shadow play. Well, I was wrong. I got some nice pictures of nature though...



1 comment:

  1. I understand what you mean about the lemons. I have the same situation every summer with tomatoes. Your nature pictures are awesome.

    ReplyDelete