Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just another Sunday

I visited one of my FLYS today, after a long hiatus. I haven't visited either one of them since October last year. I know...how did I manage the withdrawals? Haha.

Gustine was there, so she became my picture of the day:


I went to a nearby thrift store and found lots of cool things. Their books were 50% off - which was really awesome because I found a couple of audio books that I really wanted. Now I can knit and read at the same time. Yippee!

For Family Game Day, we played Catan, a board/dice game that my daughter received for Christmas. It's a little like Monopoly but a bit easier and not as cutthroat (which my husband is, if you have ever played Monopoly with him). Have you ever tried playing such a game with a three year old? Yeah, it was hectic, but he kept himself busy by making shapes and letters with the playing pieces (look mom, it's an H and an I!). He also enjoyed rolling the dice for me, as that made him feel like he was participating in the game. Although she didn't win, my daughter enjoyed spending the time with my husband and me, and that was the whole point.

No comments:

Post a Comment